Fritz Fest '06

Sunday, January 8th, 2006, noon

Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Some Quotes About Fritz's

"I did get the time to talk with the lovely and charming wife of Fritz, and even was given a tour of their kitchen. Big surprise at that, as I wanted to see where the delicious food came from, and enjoyed the talks with her. The looks I got from T1G were enough to keep the wolf at bay from one of the lovely daughters also present..."

Laughing Wolf

"...a huge thank you to Fritz and company for providing the place and the excellent food! I think the next time T1G announces dinner at Fritz's, he won't have to ring that honking big bell to get people to go eat. Wonderful food - excellent bartenders. Thank you all!"

Technicalities

"...I LOVE FRITZ'S! The atmosphere, the people, the food - and they serve a very good drink. It really was the perfect place to have this and they did a fantastic job."

Tammi

"It was great! Beer...Icy! Food...Delish! Bloggers...Cool! Can't wait to do it again!"

Jake and MJ

"I had a wonderful time. I can't recommend Fritz's Wooden Nickel enough -- the staff, food and atmosphere were top rate. ('Course the atmosphere may have had something to do with the people that were there yesterday.....) I can see why T1G chose that particular location. It's a bit off the beaten path, but well worth your time."

Richmond

"I was all prepared to give That One Guy a ration of shit for bringing us all to a neighborhood bar three kilometers from the end of the earth, but after I ate, I understood. The meal was fabularious, (a comination of fabulous and hilarious)and I ate, well, a lot..."

Og

"It really was The Schiznitzes at Fritz's -- both the people and the food. The Schiznitz, indeed."

Leslie

"Fritz's easily rates 4 kilts up!"

Contagion

Okay, maybe one of them wasn't really said...

Comments:
I'm familiar with eating. In fact, I've eaten several times before. I could easily say that eating is something I excel at. In fact, I've eaten at places I couldn't afford. This wasn't one of those places.

I have eaten, by my reckoning, at least my weight in prime rib during the course of my lifetime, and I can easily say this was among the best I have eaten, and as for the ham, well, I could say I've had better but I'd be lying. in fact, at some point I considered kidnapping the balance of the ham and holding it hostage in my stomach.

Nice food, folks. Maybe nice enough for me to make the trek from northern indiana again.
 
Want a legit quote for Fritz, here's one that I've said many times:

"Fritz's is the type of bar I've been looking for since college. Great food, great atmosphere and wonderful staff. If only it was with in a block of my house."
 
Fritz and Family: Thanks for wonderful hospitality, good humor, and great food. The prime rib was some of the best I have ever had, and the ham may make me rethink Southern superiority with such. It was all great, so again my thanks!

Laughing Wolf
 
The food at Fritz's was so damn good, I wished I'd have brought a suitcase, and a bunch of ziploc bags to start my career of buffet theif. Seriously good stuff. Thank you.
 
The food was wonderful and the service even better. Thanks again so much!
~Richmond
 
Still can't get over the singing deer.

Fortunately the drinks, food, and charming waitstaff make up for it :-)

I was impressed that Simone stayed cheerful all the way to the end, after what we put her through.

She's probably scarred for life, now :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2005   January 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?